3.05.2014

Spinach Ice Cubes | Healthy Kick

I've really been enjoying my morning smoothies. Problem is, by the time I use up all of my spinach, it wilts and gets a little...gross. I needed a way to have it last a little longer. I while back I saw someone had done this on pinterest and I gave it a try. It's super easy and you end up with a ton of spinach/kale/greens cubes.

Just fill up a blender half way with fresh spinach [pack it in there] and add 1/2 cup of water. Blend until smooth. Poor the liquid in your ice cube tray and stick it in the freezer until it solidifies. Then, pop them out and store them in a plastic freezer bag. I had to do this in batches because I had a giant bag of spinach and only one ice cube tray...

These work great for me in smoothies and soups.


Happy Wednesday Afternoon Guys!

1 comment:

  1. Always running into this problem too!! I will have to try this out, thanks for the tip :)

    ReplyDelete