8.15.2013

coconut cream | larabars

Lately I've been on a health kick, yes more than usual, and every time I see a good looking "clean" recipe I have to make it. This time it's coconut cream larabars. These are a.m.a.z.i.n.g! Seriously make them now =]

Next time, out of necessity, I'll try and make them with prunes; I haven't been able to find dates in Peru. The ones I used for this recipe were left over from a tasty treat my friend Jules brought from Dubai.
Coconut Cream | Larabars
adapted from My Whole Food Life


15 large dates
1/2 cup raw almonds [unsalted]
1/2 cup raw cashews [unsalted]
3/4 cup shredded coconut
2 tbsp coconut oil
3 tbsp water
  • In a food processor mix together the almonds, cashews, and coconut until finely chopped.
  • Add the dates, water, and oil and pulse until your dough forms.
  • Line an 8X8 pan with wax/parchment paper and leave some extra paper sticking out the sides. Press down the dough until it is packed nicely.
  • Stick in the fridge for a few hours to set, I left mine over night. Slice with a wet knife or pizza cutter and eat up.

YUM!

Happy Thursday Friends!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment