12.19.2013

Peacock Wedding Invitation | Christmas Ornament | DIY

Surprise! Today I have another wedding themed Christmas ornament! I just can't get enough. I made a few for my friends and don't worry you will see all of them! This one I made for Ashley, one of my bridesmaids. ENJOY!

 
This girl, if you can't tell, loves her some peacock's feathers. She made this beautiful wedding invite all on her own and I almost felt bad cutting it. Ok! So for this little project I used: one wedding invite + RSVP card and envelope, one glass ornament, one round pencil, scissors and/or rotary cutter, one peacocks feather, a small flower paper punch, hot glue and gun [not pictured], thin gray ribbon [not pictured]. I was also hoping to use some lamb's ear branches, the grayish sticks in the picture, but ended up not...


First thing I did was to cut up the invitation into strips of various sizes. I left the pink paper intact, so I could use the paper punch on it.



After I had cut out the strips and flowers, I moved on to twisting the paper strips around the pencil in a spiral. I did these one at a time and it took f.o.r.e.v.e.r!



The easy part came next. I added the pink flowers, the paper twists and lastly the peacock's feather to the glass ornament and replaced the top back on. To finish things off I wrapped a piece of thin gray ribbon around the outside of the top and secured it with hot glue. I made a bow out of the same ribbon and hot glued that too, to the presumed front of the top cap. I wanted to have something to hang the ornament off of, so I added a piece of the ribbon to the top's loop.


I used these awesome polka-dotted brown paper bags and some white tissue paper to gift wrap this beauty. What do you think? Would you make this for your friends, or yourself?

Happy Thursday Dolls!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment