10.24.2013

Cheesy | Whole Wheat | Beer Bread with Honey


I love bread you guys. I don't know how I'm ever going to be able to give it up. If I really end up being allergic to gluten it's gonna be a sad day. Anyhow, this bread is amazing and you should make it, like now! Wish I could credit anyone for it, but it was a combination of about 5 different recipes I found on pinterest.


Cheesy Whole Wheat Beer Bread with Honey

3 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup shredded cheese [I used Pepper Jack]
1 TBSP baking powder
1.5 TSP salt
2 TBSP honey
 12oz. can of beer [any beer really, but something less hoppy is better]

  • 1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 9"x5" loaf pan.
  • 2. In a bowl mix together flour, baking powder, salt, and 3/4 cup of cheese [safe a 1/4 cup for the top]. Toss together until combined.
  • 3. Add beer and honey and mix well until sticky dough forms.
  • 4. Add dough to greased pan and place in oven.
  • 5. Bake for about 40 minutes or so, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. At about 20 minutes top the bread with the remaining cheese.

Happy Tasty Thursday Friends!!!

2 comments:

  1. Yayyy thank you for sharing this! Pinning it to make later :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome dear! Thanks for checking back =]

      Delete