9.30.2013

The Cowl Shawl | Crocheted

Today's post may seem familiar to you and it should. Last week I shared a smaller version of this 'Cowl Shawl' and today we're talking big.


I call it a shawl rather than a scarf because it can be pulled over the shoulders and also even doubled around the neck. I've also added two buttons to this one for more versatility. Below are the instructions and my sketch, which I used as a guide:



Chain 150 and join with a SL ST to make a ring.
DC all the way around into the ring.
End each row with a SL ST and start the new row with CH 3 [this counts as 1 DC].
You need a total of 41 rows.
This is the order I have my colors in [top to bottom]:

1 row SC GREEN | 3 rows DC GREEN
4 rows DC BROWN | 8 rows DC YELLOW | 4 rows DC BROWN
3 rows DC GREEN
4 rows DC BROWN | 8 rows DC YELLOW | 4 rows DC BROWN
3 rows DC GREEN | 1 row SC GREEN

I've added an extra rim with single crochets onto the first and last row for a more finished look.
If you are new to crocheting, check out this helpful page.


I ended up using about two balls of each color yarn.

I also used little markers at the end of each row, there were some boo-boos when I didn't.

It is super comfy, cozy and really kind of a statement piece. This is also just one of the ways it can be worn; Adding buttons let's you wear it a different way every time.

Happy Monday Dolls, stay warm =]


No comments:

Post a Comment