9.26.2013

mini apple pies | with honey

Hello Darlings! I'm going gluten free for awhile in hopes to get rid of my chronic spring/hay allergy. I wanted to go out with a bang so for my last gluten including meal I made these Mini Apple Pies with Honey. I really hope my allergy goes away, but I also really hope I can have those again.
They are DELICIOUS!


Mini Apple Pies with Honey

Ingredients
2 medium apples, peeled and diced
1/4 cup of honey
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
a good pinch of salt
1 egg yoke
sugar for sprinkling
2 refrigerated 9" pie crusts
some flour for rolling

Tools
rolling pin
3" round cookie cutter

Method
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and grease it a bit.
  • Add apples, honey, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt to a bowl and mix until apples are coated.
  • Unroll the pie crusts on to a floured surface and cut out 3" rounds. Roll the scraps and cut out more rounds. You should have about 24.
  • Take your 3" round and roll them out to about 5". Be careful not to roll them too thin.
  • Divide the rounds into two piles. Tops and bottoms.
  • Brush the edges of the "bottoms" with water and place a spoonful of apple mixture in the center of each.
  • Make a small slit in the center of the "tops".
  • Add "tops" to "bottoms" and seal the edges together by folding them over with your fingers.
  • Brush tops with egg yoke and sprinkle with sugar.
  •  Place pies on the sheet and bake about 20 minutes, or until golden brown.


Happy Tasty Thursday Dolls!!!

2 comments:

  1. These are so cute and look delicious! I have never tried making mini pies before though I love apple pie :)
    Stopping by from "Friday Favorites". Now following you via Bloglovin.
    Have a great day :)
    Bismah @
    http://simplemamaathome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are very good! You should totally make them! Thank you for the follow doll! I'll following you back =]

      Delete