9.24.2013

Cozy Cowl Scarf | Crocheted

 Hello Darlings! Fall is here and soon it will be scarf season!!! Oh, yeah! I love scarves. I had a boss once, who would joke and say "Surprise, Mariya's wearing a scarf again!". Today I'm sharing with you one of my latest crochet attempts. This one is very basic and also makes for a great gift!

 

This is the sketch I used as a guide for the scarf. I used a rather thin yarn, but I'm not sure about the exact thickness. I got the yarn at the local farmers market, it is organic, naturally dyed, sheep's wool. It is so natural, it actually had little sticks in it =]. I also used a 5.50 mm crochet hook.


Chain 115 and join with a SL ST to make a ring.
DC all the way around into the ring.
End each row with a SL ST and start the new row with CH 3 [this counts as 1 DC].
You need a total of 49 rows.
This is the order I have my colors in [top to bottom]:

1 row SC GREEN | 5 rows DC GREEN
3 rows DC BROWN | 3 rows DC PINK | 3 rows DC GREEN
6 rows DC BROWN
3 rows DC PINK | 3 rows DC GREEN | 3 rows DC BROWN
6 rows DC PINK
3 rows DC GREEN | 3 rows DC BROWN | 3 rows DC PINK
5 rows DC GREEN | 1 row SC GREEN

I've added an extra rim with single crochets onto the first and last row for a more finished look.
If you are new to crocheting, check out this helpful page.



TA-DA!!! You've got yourself a scarf! Also, a big THANK YOU to my lovely model, Tanya =] she's the best! Check out her fun travel blog here.

Happy Tuesday Darlings!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment