2.15.2013

diy.bookmarks


 Calling all crafty book lovers! If you still read paper books you might be interested! I decided I was going to read The Hobbit again, with the movie out and everything I needed something to hold me over until part two. I couldn't find a bookmark to save my life. I hate folding the pages over and it drives me crazy using the dust jacket...I'm weird, I know.

Something had to give. I put the book down and made some cute bookmarks.
 





These are very simple to make. You'll need string, beads, some metal hooks [optional], jewelry pliers [optional], scissors, and something to measure with.


Measure the length of the book you need it for. Cut your string to size. Add the beads to each end and enjoy!


Come to think of it, you can probably use old earrings too. Take the hooks off them and attach string to the ends of each.


Happy Friday Friends!!!


2 comments:

  1. milka atanasova16 February, 2013

    Very cute,I liked it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was looking for a cute way to use up some of my extra beads. Thank you for sharing your idea.
    Cheers,
    Marie
    Substance of Living

    ReplyDelete